The Investors Festival is a 2-day conference to connect startups and investors.
As a startup get "pitch coaching" by experienced coaches to pitch to over 30 investors, win
awesome prizes, and an opportunity to get funding to scale your business idea into a successful company.
Learn. Pitch. Launch Your Startup.
As a investor get access to exciting investment opportunities in LA, network with other high profile investors
and listed to the leaders in the venture investment community about investment trends for 2016.
Network. Invest. Pioneer The Future.
Day 1: Thursday, 10/08/15
Startup Pitch Coaching + Interactive Pitch Competition
08:45am - 09:00pm | Check-in Registration
09:00am - 12:00pm | Learn Best Practises
Get "pitch coaching" from investors and business coaches
12:00am - 01:15 pm | Lunch
01:30 - 05:00pm | Startup Pitch-off Competition
Pitch your idea to top investors for an opportunity to win startup funding. Be preparred to have your product intellectually challenged by other competitors in a startup pitch-off competition.
How to participate
Apply to pitch - Fill out the Pitch Competition Application
- $2.000 cash prize
- $3.000 pitch coaching with Ted Speaker and/or French pitch coach Noam Kustucki (prior to conference)*
- $5.000 of Expert DOJO Membership credits
- $5.000 of marketing support
The finalist will win a business incubation contract with Expert DOJO, benefiting from mastermind business coaching to get funded, free office space, free legal advice, free marketing assistance, free email addresses and domain, and a long list of investor introductions to help you launch a successful business.
Day 2: Friday, 10/09/15
City of Santa Monica Challenge + Investor Panels + Pitch Finale
09:15am - 10:00pm | Check-in Registration
10:00am - 11:00pm | City of Santa Monica Competition Briefing
Your city is asking you for the next great idea to solve the most pressing issues of our community. Santa Monica wants to partner with the tech sector's best and brightest to build creative solutions to better our community. You will be making a direct impact on the city you live, work, and play in, and there will be opportunities to unique prizes. Pitch and brainstorm your ideas with colleagues, city officials and mentors for the entire day in our "Hack The Beach" mastermind area. From all the submissions 8 will be selected to pitch-off at 5 pm.
To learn more and apply click here.
- Get recognized publicly in front of 20.000 Twilight Concert Series Goers at the world famous Santa Monica Pier
- Meeting with City of Santa Monica VIP's
- Free PR to the entire country to promote your work
- Mentorship from Nektar Baziotis, who has delivered over 300 web and app projects for the EU and the UN.
How to participate:
1. Submit your idea here (Instructions: Hack the Beach)
2. Reserve your Spot (FREE Day 2 Ticket - Hack the Beach Competition)
3. Attend the City of Santa Monica Competition Briefing on Fri, at 10am on 10/09/15
4. Fine-tune your submission with city officials & Expert DOJO mentors throughout the day
5. From all the submissions 8 will be selected to pitch-off at 5pm
Learn from Expert Investors - Panels
These panels are a great opportunity for you to meet the most important investors in LA who will be sharing their viewpoints on investing and the leading trends for 2016.
11:00am - 12:00pm | Angel Panel
Angel investors talking about angel funding in LA. Featuring: Asher Leids, Andrew Heckler
12:00pm - 12:30pm | The Next Frontier - Panel on Equity Crowd Funding
Featuring: Ron Miller
12:30pm - 02:00pm | Lunch and Networking
02:00pm - 02:30pm | Venture Capital Panel
What a start-ups need to have in order to get VC funding. Featuring Brett Brewer
02:30pm - 03:00pm | Discussion
Featuring Leonard Lanzi
03:00pm - 03:30pm | Discussion
Featuring Matt Thompson
03:30pm - 04:00pm | Discussion
Featuring Tom McGovern
04:00pm - 04:30pm | Discussion
Featuring Paige Craig
04:30pm - 05:00pm | Discussion
Featuring Darren Marble
05:00pm - 06:00pm | Final "Startup Pitch Competition" and "Santa Monica Hack The Beach Finale"
1. The top 4 winners of day 1 do a "Startup pitch-off" to determine the finalist
2. The top 8 submissions from "Hack The Beach" get to pitch to the City of Santa Monica
Day 2: Friday Night Party, 10/09/15
Live Music Performance + Movie + Party with "The Lost Boys"
07:00am - 10:00pm | Conference Party
Join the party as a VIP quest. Enjoy a live performance by Gerard "G Tom Mac" McMann, singer/writer of soundtrack "Cry Little Sister" and band. Meet surprise guests from "The Lost Boys" movie. Party with other entrepreneurs, investors, business coaches and city officials.
Go Metro to this event during LA Innovation Week! For your best route, use the Metro Trip Planner or call (323) Go Metro (323.466.3876)
395 Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica , CA 90401
Google map and directions
Back to Calendar